Letters to a friend...




THIS PAGE HAS MY WRITINGS FROM MAY TO AUGUST,2005.
MY WRITINGS SINCE THEN ARE POSTED AT:

A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders...- http://ayanwonders.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Exams...the period I hate most!

-
And it's back to the period I hate most, exams.
Rant, rail, crib, articles in god knows how many forums, complaints, discussions with all and sundry....nothing; nothing suffices in bringing out the extent of my disgust and disillusionment with this system of exams.

It has destroyed the joy of learning; why joy, even the meaning of learning...as the system has morphed to train people to excel at those three hour capsules of nonsense, sometimes administered by cabals with a questionable sense of judgement. The very foundation of the entire process rendered hollow by the effects of a forced lunacy of three hours...so hollow that people have assumed the lunacy and the entire build-up to that crescendo as normal and desired; and any attempt to correct it is greeted by a half-concealed smirk. An institutionalised subjugation of an individual's creativity to norms which - if he must make any real difference - he must first learn to question and then debunk if he deems so.

No I am not a victim of the system of exams, if reading the above makes you think so. Barring rare exceptions...I am supposed to have been coronated repeatedly by the system of exams...but that makes zilch of a difference. I don't have to be victimised before rebelling against something I consider bunkum.

Nah...won't write all that again...had posted something related to this on my earlier blog as well (...period that I hate most) but no point...no point atleast for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home