Letters to a friend...




THIS PAGE HAS MY WRITINGS FROM MAY TO AUGUST,2005.
MY WRITINGS SINCE THEN ARE POSTED AT:

A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders...- http://ayanwonders.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Appearing dumb!

-
There are so many ways in which you can end up looking like a fool, complete fool!

Somebody messages on Yahoo Messenger; the name is that of a good friend's, and soon there is a pleasant conversation flowing.
The conversation is nearly right...hmm nearly...but his answers are just a little too formal and sometimes just a little bit irrelevant...I mean he's supposed to be a good friend of mine.
Till halfway into the converstion, I've asked some god-damn personal question (luckily did not err on the side of revelation, or did I :-)) and then there's that odd delay in reply...
And then realisation dawns on this empty tank fixed on the neck...that this person might...just might be somebody else, and I end up trying to confirm...

Well guess what...he's a junior at IIM-L who'd written to me a long time back, and all the while I had assumed him to be my good old buddy from IIM-C; both have the same first name.

Yours sincerely had done the 'appearing dumb' trick again, but true to his reputation, he'd discovered a dumber style of looking dumb :-).

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This has happened to me as well... I messeged a guy thinking he was somebody else.. thank god I somehow saved myself later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home