Letters to a friend...




THIS PAGE HAS MY WRITINGS FROM MAY TO AUGUST,2005.
MY WRITINGS SINCE THEN ARE POSTED AT:

A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders...- http://ayanwonders.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Child; my Failure and our Success

-
Don't get wild ideas after reading the title :-); have some time left before the taxi comes to pick us up from IIM-B, probably my last post from the CC here.
----

True, a child in many ways represents hope for our species. Most people, if asked about what they feel is closest to God, would reply, "the innocent child". The child binds us as a species and is the repository of mankind's accumulated knowledge upto its generation. (I'll refer to the child in the neutral) .The child is the hope that whatever little experience the individual gains, whatever little 'better' understanding that one accrues in a life-time will not be lost completely on death. "It" is also the hope that as a species, as a collective entity, we might succeed...

But "it" represents beyond that. A child also represents my failure as an individual entity, hence the appeal to the next generation. "It" might represent hope for collective success but is a sign of individual defeat...I haven't been to conclude the game with myself- rather I've lost- hence I introduce a new player in the hope of a vicarious success. "It" is also a symbol of my selfishness - I'm throwing "it" into a rebus which has trounced me, eaten me up, for a distant doubtful surrogate victory. "It" is a symbol of surrender to pre-ordained rules of a game over which we have little control...

O! Child, you never cease to amaze me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home