Letters to a friend...




THIS PAGE HAS MY WRITINGS FROM MAY TO AUGUST,2005.
MY WRITINGS SINCE THEN ARE POSTED AT:

A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders...- http://ayanwonders.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Reasoned Unreasonableness

-
I reason reason all the time,
In reason lies true delight,
But has reason reason all the time,
Made me blind to real flight?

The joys of loony irrationality,
Whimsical action without hindsight,
Leaps of faith of an unconstrained mind,
Unyoked actions free from fright...

Yet being inane is just part of me,
Flights of fantasy a perpetual excite,
Reason reason just makes me aware,
It doesn't confine my sight.

For reason is the only yardstick I've got,
Its many many flaws despite,
It does not constrain unreasonable pleasures of life,
Just makes me aware of my plight.

----------------
Like now, when reason tells me that I should be tucked comfortably in bed, but here I am in my cabin...
If you've somehow gotten the notion that I have lots of free time here, just check the timings of the posts, they're always written in some break when I'm short-circuiting a lunch or snack or in most cases in the dead of night, when I'm pulling the plug off my sleep. And my 'dear friend Reason' tells me that it's bad for my health, but it's more fun when you're doing something unreasonable and are aware of it :-).
( If you didn't get it, check this space again later, I'll elaborate my funda behind the previous statement in a subsequent post :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home