Letters to a friend...




THIS PAGE HAS MY WRITINGS FROM MAY TO AUGUST,2005.
MY WRITINGS SINCE THEN ARE POSTED AT:

A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders...- http://ayanwonders.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 23, 2005

Distances when none exist!

-
During this B'lore stay, I've gotten in touch with most of my old friends (even friends who I didn't know as friends in college). Was thinking about this at lunchtime and it struck me as a little surprising.

My means of contact with most friends has been phone, mail, orkut and very infrequently a meeting-up. All of these except the last one are possible even when I'm in Lucknow, and anyway I've been too occupied here to meet up with people. Yet it's generally when I'm in B'lore that this plethora of communication happens with the B'lore friends. Similarly only when I'm in Bombay do I end up exchanging notes with friends there.

One way that's good...with acquaintances if you exchange notes infrequently, you atleast have something to exchange other than the 'trivial' or 'excessively involved'. Yet quite often, this is a consequence rather than a reason.

Haven't we yet evolved fully to internalise the 'near' inconsequence of physical distances (or is it, even in this case, I am the odd sample :-))?

-----
Another few hours before I'm again off to Bombay...so beware my Bombay friends :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 AM, May 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you are in search of the Ultimate truth.
    Read this article/interview
    http://www.wie.org/j11/goswami.asp

    This says that the real driver, the causeless cause behind everything is of the sentient nature .... i.e. beyond matter-space (elementary particles etc), and mind-space...It is called 'Consciousness' here. The reality according to him is Transcendental in nature (which transcends space and time and controls everything from an external space - 'Consciousness-space'). I have read excerpts from one of his books 'Physicists' view of Nature' and he makes his arguments from Quantum physics.

    Hope this would be interesting for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home